Air Mobility Symposium & Technology Exposition
AGENDA: Every year the
Airlift/Tanker Convention and Symposium follow the same
general outline. Within that general framework, however, is an
extremely fluid agenda that is driven by symposium content
availability, transportation schedules, DV speaker schedules, etc.,
etc. It is so ever-changing that even printing an agenda in time to
hand out to participants onsite is difficult.
But, for planning purposes, the general outline can be
framed with approximate times that will vary. The Symposium and
Technology Exposition is a 4-day event starting with an
evening reception and ending with an unstructured Departure Brunch on
the 4th day. Badges must be worn for all activities, including
evening social events. The A/TA Annual Convention registration opens
about noon on Wednesday.
The Day Before (Wed)
- Registration is open in the afternoon for early
arrivers including golfers and exhibitors.
- Other A/TA Annual Convention activities may be
The Day of (Thu)
- Registration is open the day-before and the day-of
the Golf outing and Opening Reception.
- Golf takes place in the morning of the first day,
prior to official convention activities, usually a
shotgun start at 0800. Depending on course location,
there will be transportation times pushing that earlier.
You do not need your badge for golf; however, there may
be insufficient time between golf and the opening
reception, depending on your plans, to pick up your
badge. Pick it up the afternoon prior if possible.
- The A/TA Annual Business Meeting, Chapter Representative Meeting, and Exhibitor Meeting are held late afternoon.
- The Exhibit Hall opens ~1400 with minimum booth staffing, and no give-aways, food or beverages.
- Registration closes before the Opening Reception.
This means you must be registered and have picked up your
badge prior to the reception. There will be no further
opportunity for this until the next day. If you are
registering onsite, it will take extra time, perhaps an
hour during the afternoon crush. Without a badge
confirming payment for the evening reception, you can't
go to the reception or the evening social activities.
- The Opening Event usually is a business-casual
Reception in the Exhibit Hall, normally starting ~1900.
This could change depending on possible special
presentation requirements. Following the reception will
be a hosted evening social activity to include CRUD
- The day-2 program starts very early, usually around
0630, for coffee and rolls. Registration will be open for
yesterday's late arrivers. The day will be filled with
multiple simultaneous seminars of critical interest. You
may not be able to see everything you might like to
- After a very short break for a change of clothes, day
two concludes with a "coat & tie" reception in
the exhibit hall followed by more evening social
activities to include CRUD finals.
- The day-3 program will be a continuation from day-2.
The exhibit hall will close mid afternoon. The "business
suit" reception will likely start a bit earlier, 1800,
and will NOT be held in the exhibit hall. The reception
will be followed by a Special Banquet, preceding the
evening social interaction.
- Departure-day Brunch is at leisure, usually from 0630