The men and women of the United States Air Force and our mobility forces are trained and ready to deploy anywhere in the world in defense of our country. It is their unselfish sacrifice, untiring efforts and outstanding achievements that have contributed immensely to the establishment and to the maintenance of peace in the free world. Not only are their efforts and achievements attained during times of conflict, but they also occur during acts of natural disaster and humanitarian relief efforts. The balance of power and our freedom has been and will continue to be achieved and built on the "Wings of Freedom." The Airlift/Tanker Association wished to recognize and honor those men and women who have distinguished themselves in the outstanding performance above and beyond their duties as members of the United States Air Force and as Airlifters and Tankers. It is for this purpose the "Airlift/Tanker Hall of Fame" has been established.
Please contribute to our nomination process.
Hall of Fame Inductees
2004 - (No Presentation)
- Lt Gen Paul Carlton (USAF Ret)
- Col Dennis "Bud" Traynor (USAF Ret)
- Col Regina Aune (USAF Ret)
- Col Robert "Bob" Brannon (USAF Ret)
- Col Jay Johannigman (MD) (USAFR)
- 1st Lt Reba Whittle Tobiason (USA Ret)
- CMSgt Rodney Christa (USAF Ret)
- MSgt Mark McElroy (USAF Ret)
- The Crewmembers of the First Series of Army Air Service Aerial Refueling Flights in 1923
- The Tanker Aircraft Crewmembers Supporting the Flight of the “Question Mark” in 1929 Tanker
2010- (No Presentation)
2011- Gen Thomas M Ryan