The mission of the Airlift/Tanker Association is to provide a forum for ensuring that American military forces continue to have the air mobility capability required to implement U.S. national security strategy. It is a non-profit, tax exempt organization focused on education and the professional growth of its members and supporters. The Association is international in scope, with members and chapters throughout the world. Membership includes active duty, guard, reserve and retired military personnel, both officers and enlisted, as well as civilian and industry supporters of the air mobility mission. Membership is open to anyone who wishes to join.
The Airlift/Tanker Association has defined several primary mission objectives:.
- Conduct and sponsor speaking engagements, seminars, symposiums, conventions, and public forums that will further the development of all aspects of air mobility and community relations.
- Encourage young men and women to participate in air mobility activities and related aerospace functions.
- Support the achievement of continued education and air mobility activities through the tuition grant and scholarship programs.
- Provide an organization through which men and women may unite to fulfill the responsibilities imposed on modern society by aerospace technology.
- Recognize the services rendered by industry, military, civilian and government personnel to air mobility activities in which the United States and its Allies have been or may become engaged.
- Promote scientific and academic research regarding the continuing development of our nation’s air mobility capabilities.