The Airlift/Tanker Association is a Section 501 (c) (3) e tax-exempt organization dedicated to providing a forum for ensuring that American military forces continue to have the air mobility capability required to implement U.S. national security strategy. The Association is international in scope, with members and chapters throughout the world. Membership includes active duty, guard, reserve and retired military personnel, both officers and enlisted, as well as civilian and industry supporters of the air mobility mission. Membership is open to anyone who wishes to join. It has several primary objectives:
- Provide an organization through which men and women may unite to fulfill the responsibilities imposed on modern society by aerospace technology.
- Recognize the services rendered by industry, military, civilian and government personnel to air mobility activities in which the United States and its Allies have been or may become engaged.
- Promote scientific and academic research regarding the continuing development of our nation’s air mobility capabilities.
- Conduct and sponsor speaking engagements, seminars, symposiums, conventions, and public forums that will further the development of all aspects of air mobility and community relations.
- Encourage young men and women to participate in air mobility activities and related aerospace functions.
- Support the achievement of continued education and air mobility activities through the tuition grant and scholarship programs.
Association benefits and programs include a quarterly magazine, annual national conventions, educational programs, seminars and symposiums, college grants and scholarships, awards, and heritage programs that recognize outstanding contributors to air mobility, both past and present.
The membership oriented association magazine is published four times yearly. It contains up-to-date information on mobility issues; articles of professional interest; reports on association and chapter activities; and stories concerning the heritage of the mobility mission. Members are encouraged to submit items for publication. Membership includes a subscription to Airlift/Tanker Quarterly. More
Association chapters around the world provide many opportunities for social and professional interaction. They further the goals of the association and foster good community relations by sponsoring speaking engagements, community improvement activities, recreational outings, and other events. A group of 20 or more members not affiliated with an existing chapter may apply to charter a new chapter. More
Airlift/Tanker Association (A/TA) Annual Convention
Our national convention is held prior to the AMC and A/TA Air Mobility Symposium & Technology Exposition. Convention activities include a golf tournament, Association annual business meetings in addition to a variety of pre-symposium and technology exposition meetings which enable us to finalize plans for the symposium and exposition. More
AMC and A/TA Air Mobility Symposium & Technology Exposition
AMC and A/TA co-sponsor a world-class national symposium and technology exposition. The Symposium is made up of multiple professional development seminars and key speakers of critical interest to the air mobility community comprised of members from the Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, Retired military, DoD and Aerospace Industry. Seminar topics include various air mobility issues, career development information, and historical events. The technology exposition is an impressive array of aerospace industry exhibits and provides the opportunity to meet with representatives from the different exhibitors. The Symposium and Technology Exposition is culminated with the Hall of Fame banquet where the Association recognizes and honors those men and women who have distinguished themselves in the outstanding performance above and beyond their duties as members of the U.S. Air Force and as Airlifters and Tankers. More
A/TA maintain a number of awards programs to recognize, honor and support our community. These awards include:
- Airlift/Tanker Association Hall of Fame Award
- Award for Valor
- Outstanding Aircrew Member Awards
- Young Leadership Awards
- Specialized Mission Award
- United States Air Force Academy Core Values Trophy
- Trophy for Combat Tactics Excellence
Find our more about our programs. More
Enlisted Education Grant
The Airlift/Tanker Association offers $400.00 Education Grants to deserving enlisted personnel who are members of the Association. Education Grants are available to Air Force Active Duty, Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve members pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees. See the Enlisted Education Grant Section for details and application forms. More
A non-paid volunteer Board of Officers is elected at the annual business meeting to manage the Association for the ensuing year. Association overhead costs are limited to those that directly contribute to Association activities.