To provide education grants for selected enlisted Air Force personnel who are members of the Airlift/Tanker Association and are assigned in an air mobility operational and/or support function.
These education grants will be awarded to students who have demonstrated academic ability and meet all the criteria established in the following:
- Must be an Air Force enlisted member in grades E-1 through E-9
- Must be a current member of the National Airlift/Tanker Association and a member during the entire course which you are using to apply for the grant.
- Must have completed a course of study from an accredited school for a program leading to an associate, baccalaureate or post-graduate degree, with a grade of C or higher.
- Must mail/postmark application within three (3) months of course completion
- Must have a Commander’s Recommendation
- Must be assigned in an air mobility operational and/or support function (Support function means someone who, for example, is an augmentee on a mobility or maintenance support team or anyone directly or indirectly supporting the USAF Airlift or Air Refueling mission)
- May not be used for a lower or lateral, previously-awarded degree
- Must not have received an A/TA tuition grant in the previous 12-month period
- Student financial need is not a criterion
- Applications should be obtained from this website.
- Packages should be forwarded by each individual to:
655 Julian Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Please allow approx three to six weeks processing. A letter and and grant check will be sent by First Class Mail.
- Selections will be made with no regard to race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
- Applicant must complete the “Statement of Understanding/Privacy” to be submitted along with the application form.
C. Education Grants
- Approved education grants shall consist of reimbursement for “out-of-pocket-expenses/costs” for completion of qualified courses.
- These awards are reimbursable based on previous course study payments. Students may re-apply in 12 months if they continue to meet the qualifications.
D. Disbursement of Funds.
- Approved education grants will be funded to qualified candidates. The Airlift/Tanker Association is dedicated to helping our enlisted members meet their financial needs and grants are limited to a maximum of $400.00 per individual per 12-month period. Education grants will be mailed directly to the Education Grant recipient
Click here to download the EEG forms.