Promote and support the professional development enlisted Mobility Airmen
Provide educational grants to students who have demonstrated academic ability and meet the following criteria:
- Must be an Active Duty Air Force, Air National Guard, or Air Force Reserve enlisted member in grades E-1 through E-9
- Must be a member in good standing of the Airlift/Tanker Association during the duration of the course the grant is based.
- Must have completed a course of study from an accredited school for a program leading to a baccalaureate or post-graduate degree, with proof of a grade of “C” or better for undergraduate programs and a “B” or better for graduate programs.
- If using the U.S. Postal Service, applications must be mailed and postmarked within three (3) months of course completion. Signed and scanned PDF files will also be accepted at: email@example.com
- Must have an organizational Commander’s recommendation.
- Must be assigned to a Mobility operational and/or support function (Support function means someone who, for example, is an augmentee on a mobility or maintenance support team or anyone directly or indirectly supporting the USAF Airlift or Air Refueling mission)
- The number of grants an individual can receive within any 12-month period is limited to one. EXCEPTION: Three-year (3) A/TA membership applicants/members are permitted to request and receive one (1) education grant per semester and two (2) per calendar year. Lifetime members are also eligible for two educational grants per calendar year.
- Financial need is not an eligibility criteria. Grants are viewed as a benefit of A/TA membership.
- Download an application form here:
- If mailing the application, use the address below:
- Complete and sign the “Statement of Understanding/Privacy” and submit with the application form.
- Allow approximately three to six weeks for processing.C. Education Grants
7983 Rhodes Farm Way
Chattanooga, TN 37421
A letter acknowledging grant approval and a check payable to the applicant will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
ADDITIONAL EEG INFORMATION
- Grant selections will be made with no regard to race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
- Approved education grants are intended to help reimburse student “out-of-pocket-expenses/costs.” There are no further conditions or use policies.
- Enlisted grants are paid in “rears” meaning the course of study must be completed and a passing grade received prior to application and payment. If students continue to meet eligibility requirements, they may reapply every 12 months.
- Current annual memberships will not be “pro-rated.” Eligibility for two grants a year applies to “NEW” three-year members.
Click here to download the EEG forms.